The importance of regular Geelong dental visitsOctober 30, 2017
If you want to keep your oral health in the best possible condition, it’s vital that you book regular check-ups with your Geelong dentist.
These visits can prevent a small issue from becoming a large and costly problem. They are also a great way to ensure you are on track when it comes to carrying out an effective oral care and hygiene program for your teeth and gums.
At Wyatt Ryan Dental, our experienced Geelong dentists know that prevention is always better than cure. By carrying out regular dental examinations, we can help clients keep their teeth clean and healthy, keep bad breath at bay and ensure gums are in good condition.
Our dentists can carefully remove any build up of plaque and tartar, inspect for decay or other problems and carry out X-rays if necessary. Scheduled visits also allow us to pass on new dental-care information and give clients the opportunity to ask questions about oral care including brushing and flossing techniques.
How you care for your teeth at home has a huge impact on your oral health. We recommend people:
- Brush their teeth at least twice a day to keep them clean. We recommend a daily floss too.
- Choose a toothbrush with care – and toothpaste and floss too. Go for a quality brush with soft bristles and replace it about every 12 weeks or earlier if its condition deteriorates.
- Take time to brush your teeth thoroughly. Two minutes – yes, that’s right – is a good length of time to get the job done correctly.
- Take care to avoid sugary drinks and food.
- Visit a Geelong dentist regularly. Your dentist might recommend you visit once a year or, depending on your dental needs, every six or three months.
If you would like to book a dental examination to check the condition of your teeth and gums, please contact our friendly team at Wyatt Ryan Dental to make an appointment.