Expert wisdom teeth removal in GeelongJune 30, 2017
For people in Geelong wisdom teeth removal can often be the most sensible option if these ‘third molars’ start causing pain.
At Wyatt Ryan Dental, our experienced dental surgery team has years of knowledge and skill in assessing and safely removing wisdom teeth as well providing helpful post-care advice.
These four molars usually emerge when people hit their mid teens to early 20s. While these molars can sometimes be no trouble at all, it’s also not uncommon for them to lack space to erupt correctly. This can cause them to impact negatively on other teeth, triggering pain, swelling and even decay.
Our dentists will carry out dental X-rays as part of a comprehensive assessment process before recommending the wisdom teeth be removed. After carrying out the procedure, done under local anaesthetic, we will support you with after-care advice.
After you have had your wisdom teeth removed –
- Get someone to drive you home from the dental surgery.
- Expect some swelling and pain in the days after the process, so take pain relief as recommended, apply ice to your jaw if needed and take it easy for a couple of days.
- Refrain from touching the empty tooth socket with your tongue or fingers.
- Don’t consume hot drinks and food or rinse out your mouth for a day to reduce the risk of bleeding or causing the blood clot to dislodge from the socket.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol for several days. Both can delay the healing process.